Saturday, October 22, 2011

Be thankful for what you have

The other day as I sat behind the dirty windshield I happened to go by the "Occupy Worcester" bunch. Now this group is fairly small and have been tucked away into a corner of a park on the outskirts of the city, so I couldn't get a good look at them. But I have seen pictures and the like of some of the participants in the other groups. No, this is one of those political rants, that is in my other blog It's Clear As Mud instead it's about...

being thankful for what you have.

I've never been rich, but I have had times when I have done okay, and I have been dirt poor. I think it was Mae West who said something like, "I've been rich and I've been poor and being rich is a lot more fun." There maybe something to that I guess, but there is something you learn when you are poor, you learn to be thankful for what you have.

There is always someone who is worse off than you are for one thing, but here is something more important I have learned, especially since I have been reexamining my life and my faith and beliefs. The old saying is that God will provide for us. He will never allow us to be so bad off we can't make it, as long as we believe in Him.

Look at me and Tonya for example, first she was sent to me becasue we both needed each other. We both needed someone to love us unconditionally and for us to love the same way. We are barely scraping by financially but we are making it. We always seem to just make it every week. (Click on the Amazon box to the right, buy something, and help us out) And I am thankful for that. We could have nothing.

Some people are never happy no matter what they have, they always want more. I was like that, always wishing for this or that, "I wish I could buy that boat", "I wish I could have what they do". There are two problems with this. One is when you think like this, you will always want more, you will never have enough. The second is you live all your life trying to get more and you don't enjoy what you have. Before you know it, what you had is gone, and there is nothing ahead of you.

Be thankful for what you have, enjoy it, make the best of it and have faith and good will come. It might not be in the way you think,you may not hit the lottery but you might just find you aren't really as miserable and as bad off as you think.


Mark 11:24

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
24 Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.