Friday, October 4, 2019

Back Behind the Dirty Windshield

After almost four years or so of not being behind a windshield, dirty or otherwise, it looks like I may be spending some quality time in the driver's seat again. For reasons which I may or may not explain in the future, I am going to leave my current place of employment and go back driving for the reincarnated version of my old company. Now I haven't actually told anyone yet, so we need to keep it a secret.

While we have a minute let me catch you up on a few of the things that have happened since I last published to this blog. There is some good news, some great news, and some bad news.

First the great news. You may remember the best thing that ever happened to me, the wonderful redneck woman and love of my life? Well, I finally did it. We got married and I still love her more than anything and I think she feels the same.

The good news is we no longer live in the little house on the lake. "That's good news" I can hear you all saying, "as much as you loved it there?" Yes, it is. We went through some tough times just about the time I stopped writing in this blog. Again, I may or may not explain this at a later date, but we could no longer afford the little house on the lake. It was falling apart and we just couldn't afford to fix it. It was time to give up the ghost, or more precisely, the ghosts. So my son now owns it, he tore it down and built a new house for his wife and three kids, and we moved into a nice apartment, with no upkeep or maintenance to worry about. We have now paid all our debts, we have been able to upgrade to two decent vehicles, and we even have money in the bank. Life is good.
Buttons

The bad news? We had to put down Buttons, the wonder dog. He developed a cyst/tumor/growth on his rear quarter (it has a medical name but the nurse will need to tell you what it is) and we had a choice. We could have it surgically removed but it was under his muscles which would require a lot of recuperation and physical therapy. And if we had it removed there was no guarantee it wouldn't come back or even that he would be able to walk again. Or we could let it be and when the time came when he couldn't run and jump and ride in the truck with me, in other words, be his happy, wonderful, self, we would put him down. We had about six months more with him but we could see the pain in his eyes and made a very difficult decision. His ashes are now on the mantle of the fireplace.
Annabelle

However, we now have Annabelle the Wal-mart dog who we rescued after someone threw her out of a moving minivan behind a South Carolina Wal-Mart. (do a Google search and you'll find her) While not Buttons she is her own dog with her own dog personality and she has hinted she might be willing to write a post or two (if the price is right).

So now you are mostly caught up. If this goes out to any of my old followers, welcome back and I look forward to once again boring you with my own brand of special insights that one can only get...

Behind the Dirty Windshield.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.