Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday Sermon Oct 9 2011

There was a death in the family this week, and whenever someone close to us passes away we tend to feel a variety of emotions. Sadness. Pain. Loss. A feeling of "I wish I had said Good-bye". Most of us tend to have sorrowful thoughts while we deal with out grief. While it is okay for us to grieve and have such thoughts, we should also be happy.

Why happy? I guess it depends on what you believe, I believe there is life after death, and God will be taking care of us from now on. While I don't dwell on death, in my recent journey back to God and His teachings, I have been studying what the Bible tells us about Heaven and death and from what I am reading, dying isn't such a bad thing.

Not that I am saying I want to die, certainly not, I still have a lot to live for here, things to do, places to go, people to see and blog posts to write. But when it happens, as we all can be certain it will, if we believe, then we will go to a better place. Our pain and troubles will go away, we will be with those we love who have gone before us and who hopefully have repented and have been accepted into Heaven.

We shouldn't fear death, God won't forget us. As long as we have led a good life and followed in His footsteps He will remember us when go. As Hebrews 2: 14 - 15 tells us:
Since, therefore, the children share flesh and blood, he himself likewise shared the same things, so that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil,and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by the fear of death. -  NRSV
 We should live life to the fullest, obeying God's Word, avoiding sin, and when death comes we won't have to worry about what happens next, we will know we have done what we could and have lived a good life and we will be taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.