Sunday, September 11, 2011

Be thankful for what you have

Why does it seem that so many people, not all,, but many, seem to always want more than they have? Why can't we be satisfied with what we have? And why have we turned into "Me first" people?


As I sit here at the little house on the lake and look at what little I have, I am thankful for it all. It's a struggle every day for us to make it, but I am happy. Maybe it is becasue I don't have much it is easy for me to say I don't want or need more than I have, but I truly am happy with my life as it is. 

I guess I have realized I will never have a lot of money to spend on things, and I have therefore learned how to separate the things I need from the things I want, and understand the needs always have to come first. Even when we get some extra money, we don't waste it, maybe we'll go out to some inexpensive restaurant, but that's about it. I know i can't do anything stupid which would cause me to lose my job, as much as I hate it, I have to keep it. I have priorities in my life and I don't vary them.

But even though I know I won't ever be rich and have lots of stuff, it also doesn't mean I stop trying to make things better. As much as I think some time that it could be very easy to give up, I don't, I keep plugging along. I work all day and when I get home to the little house on the lake I write or read things which i can later write about. I still have my dreams.

If I don't obtain them will I be disappointed? Sure but at least I know I gave it my best shot. I guess my point is we should all be happy for what we have. We should thank God for what He has given us, no matter how little it may seem to be at times. We are only here for a short time, we should make the best of it while we are here. It's funny but when you are poor as a church mouse like me, you learn you really can do without a whole lot of stuff, after all it is only stuff. You find you can be very happy with what you have, and if you have someone in your life to love, like I do, it makes it even better, but even if you don't, you should still thank the Lord for what you do have, it could always be worse.

1 comment:

  1. Yup... it is only 'stuff'... started school and I still don't know what I want to be... just turned 44, so thinking I am going to find a vocation and become wealthy through it is out of the question... so why do it..? Because, that's why..!

    You and Tonya take care!

    Love & Rockets!
    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.