Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Another Day, Another Broken Truck

It was a long day behind the dirty windshield today. I started off the day by breaking my truck and then I dropped my cell phone down the sewer, but the good news is, since this was the second time I had the same problem with the truck in two weeks, the boss couldn't call me to fire me.

Now let me start off by saying it wasn't my fault about the Tow Truck , there is a problem with the clutch, has been for awhile, but, like every thing else, they don't want to fix anything. And then the other good thing about not having a phone, and I won't have a new one until Friday, my creditors won't be able to get a hold of me. Life is good.

Actually, life is good. I looked at today as one of those days where I was being tested. All these things kept getting thrown at me and I didn't curse (much) and I didn't get mad. I just accepted it all with a smile and moved on with my day. After all what else can you do? I learned along time ago that getting made doesn't make things any better, nothing will change, the truck won't miraculously drive without a drive shaft and the phone wasn't going to jump back out of the storm drain the same way it went in. So why let it bother me?

There is only one thing in your life you can control, and that is yourself. You can't control other things. You can't control other people. You can't control the weather. So when something goes wrong just move on, smile, thank God you didn't get hurt or something really major didn't happen and get on with your life.

Life goes on, whether you are angry or you aren't. So why waste the effort of being mad?

1 comment:

  1. I think that the Mistress of the House has had some influence on your new humor..!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.