Saturday, August 13, 2011

Common Cents: The Journey Begins

I'm sitting here at the little house on the lake thinking about how it is pretty sad when you make a decision to do something, but becasue of your financial situation, you can't do it. What am I talking about you ask? I have decided that in order to at least try to get a handle on things here, I am going to file personal bankruptcy. The only problem is, I don't have the money to do it.

Besides the fact i am not wholly convinced this will do a whole lot to help my situation, I am going to at least get rid of the credit card debt i have accrued, stopping the 30 calls a day from those looking for money. Then I will only have to worry about the mortgage, personal loans, insurance, gasoline, food and beer. Which will still be tough.

I certainly have made my share of financial mistakes, which in posts to come I expound upon here, and have learned some valuable and costly lessons. I am still making some mistakes, since I have gotten myself into some places I shouldn't be, but we'll get out of them, And guess what? Keep checking in here and you will learn what these mistakes have been and how I am getting myself out of them.

Who knows, if I come up with a bunch of good advice, this could turn into a new career for me. At least if I can get enough people reading this blog with my advice i could generate some income from it. Yes for those of you who don't get it, that was indeed a hint to you to send the link to this blog to others, who can send it to others, etc. And feel free to click on the Amazon links if you need something.

It's going to be a journey, might be long and certainly will be difficult, but I am hoping the end results will be worth it. With faith, friends and family, I should make it. We'll certainly find out.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Paul. I hope that your decision will eventually allow you peace of mind and to grow.

    I will have my fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.