Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot

Another hot day behind the old Dirty Windshield yesterday and when the A/C in the truck doesn't work it makes for such an enjoyable day. That's why I am not behind the dirty windshield today, instead I am in front of the dirty computer screen at the little house on the lake. I think I am suffering from a mild case of heat exhaustion, don't I look pale and dehydrated to you?

I often speak of my father on this blog, I guess it is because he taught me a lot over the years. Well, let me clarify that, when I was young he didn't teach me anything mainly because I already knew everything and he wasn't very smart. It wasn't until I got older that he got smarter. Funny how those things work.

The problem I have with remembering the things my Dad taught me is through the years I have continued to follow his basic principles, which was never a problem when I owned my own business, but now that I don't, I think the people I work for should also. Unfortunately that isn't the case. One lesson I learned from him is "It's the little things you do for your employees that mean a lot. Sometimes you can't always afford to pay them a ton of money, but if you take care of their little needs and bitches, they will always remember that and stay loyal." "If you take care of your employees, they will take care of you." How true that is.

See the correlation here between what my Dad said and the heat exhaustion thing?

I can always tell when it is hot here at the little house on the lake, the water is smooth as glass. There is hardly a breeze blowing and the air is still and muggy. When I came home yesterday, the first thing I did was jump in the lake. The nice thing about living on a lake is when someone tells you to "Go jump in the lake" you can actually do it.

Anyway, that's about it for now, I need to re-hydrate some more and I know just what I need (click here).

Oh and by the way, I added a box over to the right if you need anything from Amazon, you can search for it there and help support my cause which is to be able to spend all my days here on the little house on the lake. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Well, enjoy your "lemonade". I hope it cools down some or you. It's pretty muggy here right now as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.