Sunday, June 27, 2010

Is it house trained?

So I was thinking about my dog the other day. Actually I was thinking about how a dog is alot like having a kid. You have to watch them and make sure they don't get into too much trouble. You need to teach them right from wrong, when to talk and when to be quiet. And of course you need to feed them once in awhile.

When I get home at the end of a long day behind the dirty windshield, Buttons is always waiting for me with a sniff and a lick. He gets pretty excited and doesn't leave me alone until I rub his belly. Although I am not entirely certain if he is glad to see me or just needs to go outside to do his duty.

It's nice to have him waiting for me when I get home, since my better half now works later than she did. The one thing I always hated about being single was coming home to an empty house. Now the Butt as we affectionately call him, is always here waiting for me, always glad to see me. It doesn't matter what kind of mood I am in, he always makes me smile. Dogs never pass judgement on you, they never mind if you had a bad day, they just love you 100%.

Not that kids don't either. I've been pretty lucky with mine. I always made sure they were let out to go to the bathroom and I fed them once in awhile and for the most part they turned out all right. A few ups and downs over the years, but it all works out.

The main difference between the dog and the kids is, you can train the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.