Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter Ramblings

I know, I know, I haven’t written for awhile. I bet you all though I was dead huh? Well nope, I am alive and just working a lot, trying to keep the little house on the lake. Seems like I was going through this last year at this time. I have been thinking of that a lot lately. But you know what is different now? I have a reason to keep the house, I have a reason to work hard, I have a reason to go on. And that is why I spend a lot of time behind the dirty windshield.

When I get home, I just don’t seem to have the time to write. You see I would much rather spend the time talking to Tonya, or just sitting with her. She is my life. It has been tough for her lately, she hasn’t been getting a lot of hours lately and she thinks that is why I have to work so much. And I guess to a point that is, but as I said earlier, I don’t mind working because it is for something and that something is our life together, here on the little house on the lake. I know she’ll get more hours, I know things will get better, I just hope she can hang on, I don’t want her to give up, I know I won’t.

Since the last time I wrote the mergansers returned although with the ice coming on the lake they have continued further south. There were two different groups (I guess flocks would be the correct term) one group were hooded mergansers and one was common mergansers. There also seemed to be more than usual this year. I love to watch them although when they arrive in the fall I know that the cold weather is on the way, but then the reverse is also true, when they arrive in the spring I know the warm weather is coming.

And it is going to be a long winter I think. This weekend we got about 22 inches of snow from two storms, well they said it was two storms but it seemed like one long one. And since I spend the weekends behind the dirty windshield of the tow truck it made for a long weekend.

Did you ever notice (at least you people who live where it snows) that when your windshield wipers streak the streak is always right at your eye level?

We also had quite an ice storm here about ten days ago. We were lucky here at the little house on the lake, it only rained, but all around us there was devastation. I saw some areas where it looked like a giant brush cutter took off the tops of all the trees. In several towns the electric infrastructure was totally wiped out, there are some places still without electricity. I will never forget the sight of that, it is one of those things that you will always remember. I’ll have to write my list of the others some day.
Anyway, that is about all for now, I wish every one a Merry Christmas, in case I don’t write again before then, and all please be safe.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you took the time to write.

    Happy Holidays!

    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey man, as long as y'all are doing that thing ... I am so very glad for you, because I remember feeling for you when I first caught your journal. I prefer getting a once every six week or so entry from you, with lots of love for your Tonya and a full heart than you being worried about 'whatever'.

    Now I can 'move up' in the line, and I can expect my turn at happiness to come soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.