For The Love of The Open Road

Yesterday I took the three girls for a long ride and realized I sure do miss being out on the road. Oh, I’m still on the road sort of, but not like I used to be. To me the road is trips of at least two or more hours in length. I get very few of those lately.
NH State Capitol
I was in Concord, New Hampshire,  with Sally (my pick-up), Susan (my GPS) and Tonya (the love of my life) because Tonya had to be at a training meeting or something. I took the day off to drive her and have spent the time walking around the city taking pictures.

I realized on the drive up there, as I settled into my “professional driver” mode that I miss being out there. Most of my days behind the dirty windshield are spent within ten miles of my base, which is okay but not what I am truly happy doing. As I bounded up the interstate yesterday morning, passing all the old familiar places, the motorcycle dude’s place I used to deliver to, the hospital I used to deliver to, the breakfast joint where the hot blonde worked, wait, Tonya, just kidding there, I really miss it.

Once it gets into your blood, it is hard to get rid of it. Which raises the question would I be totally crazy to leave where I am, working for someone else, with regular hours and a regular (albeit small) paycheck and buy myself another van and hit the road again? I would be a liar if I said I wasn’t looking into it.

There is a lot to think about. Mainly the security, but I have learned a lot of lessons from when I did it before, and more than likely I wouldn’t make the same mistakes. With age comes wisdom. And just think of all the exotic locations I could blog from, sharing adventures and thoughts, truly written from behind the dirty windshield, not from just behind my dirty eye glasses like I do now.

I guess we’ll have to think about it some more, not going to rush into anything (another lesson learned along the road of life). But it sure is tempting…
These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati

Leave a comment

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.