Saturday, April 2, 2011

Miles to go before I sleep

I spent lots of time behind the dirty windshield this week. The woman I love and I had to drive to Florida and back in three days. I think it is a record for me as far as how many miles I've driven in one day. But we are back and now we move on to the next step. What am I talking about? We have taken in a boarder for a short time, Tonya's son who has some issues which he needs to work out.
Now don't get me wrong I wanted to do it, it needed to be done but I do have some concerns. As any of you  who have followed this blog know, I don't want anything to come between Tonya and I and I am not sure this won't. But then we need to do what is right.

Drive I-95: Exit by Exit Info, Maps, History and Trivia 4th Edition
Oder from Amazon
here
Some observations from my 2300 mile journey along Interstate 95. Once you get past Richmond VA it is nice to not see any potholes or cracks in the road. It was also nice to see green again. Of course we had to come back to snow but the ice is out so it won't be long now.

Have you ever noticed when you go into a public restroom that men will always go out of their way to try and leave an empty urinal between them and the next guy? and speaking of that, I still think there is something wrong with a guy talking on his cell phone via his Bluetooth when he's taking a leak.

Samsung WEP460 Bluetooth Headset [Retail Packaging]
Order a BlueTooth
from Amazon here
The rental car had satellite radio. It is so nice to be able to listen to whatever you want without having to try to  find a "good" station. Of course Tonya wasn't all that impressed with my favorite talk show for three hours each day, but she'll get over it. I sure wish I could put my Sirius in my truck. I think that would be reason enough to find a new job, with that as a criteria.
Sirius SDST5V1 Starmate 5 Dock and Play Radio with PowerConnect
Order Sirius from
Amazon

And finally the most amazing thing about the trip was that Buttons the wonder dog was so well behaved we hardly knew he was with us. He didn't bark, he didn't fuss, he just alternated between sleeping and riding shotgun with me. 


I have also decided that even with all its faults I will still take New England to any other part of the world to live in. While each section of the country has its own character and uniqueness, I'll take my little house on the lake and my little corner of the world.


So on we go, moving forward. Doing the best we can with what we have.

1 comment:

  1. We make that trip twice a year now... living in both worlds as we take care of my husbands mother. It can be a long drive and women also talk on their bluetooth phones in the stalls. I thought this dame was asking for toilet paper once but soon realized she was chatting with a co-worker on the phone... I flushed twice! LOL One day at a time with the changes. Remind me that I said that when I am back up north all summer living in our condo with a MIL with dementia. OY!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.