Sunday, May 30, 2010

Back to the Beginning

I’m going back to where it all began, back to the original “Behind the Dirty Windshield”. Oh, I’ll still write in my other “Dirty Windshield” but in this one I will have a little more leeway to do some different things. And as you who have followed me know, I tend to try different things to see what will work and what doesn’t. This, my first blog which I carried over from the old AOL journal days, was the one that always seemed to work the best for me.



Right now I am on my new notebook, sitting by the water here at the little house on the lake. Tonya and I have been working in the yard and we are both feeling pretty good about things. Things are still tough financially, but we are still here, the bank hasn’t taken the little house yet and I haven’t had to sell it.

I visited with an old friend last night, he is here from California, and I haven’t seen him for a few years. And as strange as it seems, he got me thinking about my life and how truly happy I am. Yes, I still have to go to work every day, and sit behind the dirty windshield, but now I have something to work for. For so long I didn’t. I felt like I was stuck and just spinning my wheels. Now, I have someone in my life that I can truly see spending the rest of my life with, someone to grow old with. I never felt like that with my ex-wife. I could never picture us getting old together. Tonya encourages me to write, she fills me with confidence and hope. I am pretty damn lucky to have her. She even convinced me to send one of my short stories off to get published. It was rejected, but I sent it, that’s a lot further than I had ever gotten before.

I really should be getting back to cutting the grass, although getting a couple of goats is starting to look like a better plan, after all they are eco-friendly. I’m not quite certain what the neighbors will say though. They wouldn’t like it, hmm, all the more reason to maybe get one or two. My son’s father-in-law has some and he claims they are just like having a dog. Which, by the way, Tonya’s dog has turned me into a dog person, something I never was before. He’s with me now helping me write, now if I could get him to cut the grass…

1 comment:

  1. I am really glad for you, dude. You really have earned the right to feel good about things and that is for real.

    Tonya has been a wonderful addition to your life. I hope that I can find a measure of the happiness and satisfaction that you have with her. And Super Kudos on your submission. I hope that I can find the wherewithal to scribble something down and send it off to be published.

    Again, congratulations to you both.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.