Monday, February 16, 2009

A Day off?

So here I am sitting next to the fire in the little house of the lake enjoying my first day off since January 1st. I finally decided that if I were dead I couldn’t enjoy the little house on the lake so I cut back to working six days a week. The woman I love is at an orientation for her new full time job today so I have the house to myself, well me and the dog and cat anyway. I am glad Tonya will be working full time instead of this agency stuff she was doing, even though it is less money per hour it will be a steady work week, not one day one week and four days the next. There will be a check coming from her job each week and that will help. I feel good about things in that department now, others, not so good. She makes me want to get up in the morning and go to work and I just can’t wait to get home at night, and she feels the same. You know this being in love stuff is really great.

Anyways Tonya told me I could have the whole day to myself and do whatever I want. Well that is after I fixed the washer, did some laundry, brought in the wood, decided what I would make for dinner which means I now have to go to the grocery store an do the dishes. But other than that I do have the whole day to myself.

I know I haven’t written in awhile but I just haven’t had the time. Now that I have every Monday off I am hoping that I will be able to write every week. It is hard during the week, I am beat when I get home and I usually just sit and veg out. (Do people still say veg out?) Tonya tells me I should write more but it is kind of funny. She asks me why I don’t and I tell her I like to spend my time with her to which she replies that she doesn’t mind sitting quietly while I write. Of course she then proceeds to ask me about my day or tells me about hers and then we’ll talk about other things. Or, better yet she will ask me while I am writing why I am not talking to her, am I mad? Sometimes you just can’t win, although I have won. I have her in my life, what else do I need?

Since the last time I have written there have been some family issues here involving me daughter and son-in-law. They are in the process of splitting up and it is probably going to get ugly. We are trying to stay neutral (well Tonya more than me) but I am concerned about my grandson more that anything else. This is also causing a lot of stress here and I know I have been short with Tonya at times and unfortunately it has also been bringing back some bad memories to her. These things are never good for anyone. I give my opinions and advice and if they listen fine, if not that is fine as well. Hell my kids never listened to me before why should they start now? Goes back to when I was married I guess and the ex-wife would tell them that I didn’t know anything and they didn’t have to listen to me. Oh well, so be it.

I guess I should be going, after all I do have my list to complete so I can enjoy my day off. Funny how life is. I used to hate to do things when I was with the ex. I never could do anything right, according to her, so I wouldn’t want to even attempt anything. Now that I have a supportive partner I feel like I can do anything. But just in case where is the number for that appliance repair man?

2 comments:

  1. I had tears in my eyes trying to read this. I am sooo happy for the both of you.

    Glad to hear from you, and that you are doing relatively well, better than most. Good that Tonya has a reg'lar job, and I agree, that having a steady, reliable income allows you to budget better.

    You know, I could care less if we agree or not on other stuff, politics and social issues. It is about relating to someone as a human being. From hanging with you as you struggled with being single (as long as I was reading what you wrote, you weren't alone), your anguish about your place, to finally getting back with Tonya and being able to relax and be in love with life and its pursuit, is a model for yours truly.

    Fortunately, my girls aren't old enough to have too complicated a relationship with anyone ... and the lone teenager of the trio doesn't speak to me. I do feel bad about that, because her Mom, my ex, is the least likely to be able to offer her good advice as any person I know.

    Anywho, I am sure that with you being happy, you will be able to guide your girl thru her time of trial. Good to hear from you, and as you and Tonya goes, so goes everything else for you and the house on the lake!!

    L&R
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you cut back on work some - you're right, you couldn't enjoy the little house on the lake or any extra money that was generated if you were dead. It's great that Tonya is finding steady work. Overall, I think she will earn more because the agency thing is so erratic.

    Sorry about your daughter and son-in-law splitting up. I hope it doesn't get ugly, but either way, I really hope she turns to you for support during this time. I feel for your grandson. There are no winners, just losers, & the children are always the ones who lose the most.

    Dirk
    THE FIRST AMENDMENT, NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT II
    http://tsalagiman2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.