Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Short One

Just a couple more days until the big event. No, not Election Day, my birthday damn it. Fifty-two years on this earth, and how life has changed in those 52 years. I think about that sometime, how when I was a kid we would read and hear about all these things that would happen in the future and think “Yeah, right, telephones without wires that you can use anywhere.” “Computers you can carry around? You think I just fell off the turnip truck?” But here we are, all that and more.

I guess sometimes I dwell on the past more than others, probably because I live in the same house I did when I was a kid, surrounded by memories, but I try not to dwell on it… too much anyway. I never look back on my birthday, I save that for Christmas and New Years, but I will say this about that, it has been a great year for me. To have finally found “the one” in my life is truly the greatest thing I could ever have happen to me.

Ok, I know, you have all heard enough about that. So lets talk about the election instead. I won’t tell anyone how to vote, all I will say is think long and hard about your choice. One choice will mean changes in this country which you may not like. One candidate talks a good game and is very charismatic, but look behind the curtain, liten to what he is really saying and you will see. For more on my political views you can read my other blog: http://itsclearasmud.blogspot.com/

Anyway, this entry is going to be short, got some stuff to do before Tonya gets home from work, and as far as my birthday goes, just send cash.

2 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday! Hope you have a good day; I'm thinking you will and I'm thinking you will have an awesome year!

    I'll check out your other blog; I voted early (can in California); but I think I made the right choice; whoever wins, it will be okay; I trust God more than man.

    enjoy the day :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never get tired of hearing about your happiness. And I think it is so supercool being able to share with Tonya such a special place in your life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.