Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Musings

It's Father's Day and I am sitting here outside the little house on the lake watching the world go by in their speed boats and fishing boats and airplanes. (Yes, I did say airplanes, there is a seaplane that uses the lake for a runway, but it's all good) And I am doing something I haven't done in some time, having a cold beer (or more) and feeling so....
good about life. You thought I was going to say sorry for myself didn't you? As those of you who have stuck it out with me since the beginning of this blog (only God knows why) you know I have been prone to do that from time to time, especially on holidays, but not today.

Narragansett Brewing Company (RI) (Images of America)OH, I am thinking about my dad and my kids and stuff like that, but mostly I am thinking how lucky I am. Even being on the verge of losing everything, but I am hanging on, and having two kids who can't seem to get along, life is still good. There aren't too many out there who have a little house on the lake or even a little house, and recently even in these parts, people have lost everything they own due to tornadoes and other various kinds of natural disasters, so in that way I am blessed. I have even made a few dollars writing, now who (other than Tonya) would have ever thunk that? 

Of course being Father's Day I am thinking about my dad,and what he taught me, I was very lucky in that regard as well. He taught us right from wrong, he taught us how to respect others, he taught us the value of hard work and how to treat people. Do you really need to know anything else? And he was a Democrat besides. I never said he was perfect.

Anyway, God has been looking after me lately, maybe he always has and I just didn't realize it, so now as I crack open another Narragansett beer, "Made on honor, sold on merit" maybe, just maybe I've turned a corner.

Here's to you Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.