Saturday, November 14, 2009

You are in Ioway

It’s a rainy Saturday here at the little house in the lake so I thought I would peruse the online news sites and see what I can find of interest today.

Tanker Flips
Here is something from Boston.com. As a former firefighter and current tow truck operator, I can just hear the conversations at this one (Parents if you are concerned about young ears or eyes you may want to change the channel for a few minutes). Firefighters and cops do sense to have somewhat of a warped sense of humor and I can hear these guys with the hose now, “Yup, this guy’s in a world of s*** now.” “What a s***ty situation we have hear.” Ok, you get the drift.

Ooops
I won’t comment on this articles content or the troopers views, but I will say this: When will people ever learn that one should never print, email, text, tweet, blog, etc. etc. something that they don’t want everyone to read? You may think you are safe but one wrong click, one person hacking into your laptop, can cause all kinds of problems. It is a different world out here people. There is no privacy.

I have never been to Iowa but I would love to go, not sure why, just think it would be a nice place to visit. Let’s see what is happening in Iowa today. Iowa Gazette

There is a big football game going on, Iowa vs. Ohio State. I have never lived in a place where people get a little crazy over college football. From reading this paper, the people of Iowa live and breathe this. Nice to see the major stories in the paper deal with this and not murder and mayhem. Although….

Let me out
But wait one of these girls wasn’t 8 when I started she was older than that, at least 10, I shouldn’t get so much time in jail. I find it hard to believe that any court would actually have to debate this, personally I think the chair would be a better alternative than jail for this guy.

The more things change
Nice to see that Iowa City has the same problems as my little town here in Mass, although I have to assume that the population of Iowa City is more than Sturbridge and the last time this was done here there were seven businesses here that failed. Does that mean there might b a problem” Let me have a drink and think about it. And after reading the list of places that were busted I just got to go to “Short’s burgers and Shine”, like the “Happy Swallow” in Framingham, this place just has one of those names that says “Come on in.”
I'm there

Do I dare look?
Should I put my name in and see if they are looking for me? Oh what the hell…. Phew, I am not wanted in Iowa

A reason to go
At least Iowans know that is it a good thing to buy American, although it surprises me that a pick-up truck was only number two on the list. Is a Iowa a red or blue state? I will need to check on this but it seems to me that Iowans might be conservatives, always a good thing.

Well, I guess that is all for now and what have I learned? I still want to go to Iowa, still seems like a nice place to be.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what Iowa is other than a good album by Slipknot ... wait, they voted for Obama in the election ... does that make them a blue state ..?

    Been throught there several times and always had a good experience... perhaps Iowa is for you what Nebraska is for me ...

    ... think you and your lady would fit in quite well ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh,that Tenn. state trooper wasn't very bright, was he?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.