Sunday, October 5, 2008

Welcome

So... here we are, the first entry in my new neighborhood. Yes I am one of those migrants from AOL where I had a journal with the same name. I have made a conscious decision to not transfer my old entries from AOL to this blog, although I do have them saved on a flash drive for posterity's sake. And who knows from time to time I may even re-post them on here. Besides, this way if I am lazy and don't feel like writing I can just post them and say they are new and no one will ever know.

When I first started my journal, it was intended to be one thing and ended up transforming into something completely different. Well, maybe not completely different, but certainly not what I intended it to be. But that's OK. This has given me a place to rant and rave, to spill my guts about things, to laugh and to cry. It has never really mattered to me if people read it or not, although now I am glad people do (all three of you). Mostly it has been a place for me to practice writing, see I have this foolish dream of being a writer someday (although since I am not as young as I used to be I may want to start soon).

This blog is intended to be a place where I can share my views on life, love, politics, history, food, drink, nature, OK, you get the picture, whatever I damn well feel like writing about, and they are my unique views, as I see them as I stare through the dirty windshield of life every day.

So.... enjoy and feel free to comment on anything you'd like. I may not agree with you, but I will at least listen and respect your opinion.

1 comment:

  1. ... all three of you ... funny line!

    glad that you have kept it up, insomuch as it feeds my voyeurism, but because I like you, and the way that things work, we may have never met even had we passed each other on the street, you know?

    I think we would all be better served if we had someone or someplace to laugh and cry with or to. You get to do that out here, and not worry about what is going to happen when you go into Quality Dairy, cause no one know what you do with gerbils!

    Anyway, glad to see you are going to keep on with this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.